Saturday 4 February 2023

The Original Manuscript - Part IV

Here we have the final batch of all that remains of the original manuscript for Paradise Lost. It is a shame that only Book I has survived and I'll confess to a little sadness when including the last couple of page fragments. 

It's a bit silly really as Milton didn't physically write Paradise Lost himself due to his blindness. He dictated it in a similar fashion to Stephen Hawking (another of my personal heroes) but there's still something magnificent about a handwritten manuscript. A project for the future perhaps with all the spare time I have :-)

I've visited the US a few times, but not New York yet. Hopefully one day I'll be able to see these pages in person.

Page 31

Page 32

Page 33

Page 34

Page 35

Page 36

Page 37

Page 38

Page 39

Page 40

Page 41


No comments:

Post a Comment